Sign up forms are widely used for collating information from employees, whereby employees update their personal information and/or update their profile (e.g. to confirm which communications they wish to receive - social club updates). Use the instructions below to create a sign-up form.
To Create a Sign-up Form:
- Go to the People area and click 'Sign-up Forms'.
- On the Sign-up forms screen click 'New Form'.
- On the Sign-up Form Details page, insert the Name of your sign-up form, set the Default Sender Details and choose your Audience. Then, click 'Next'.
- Default Sender Details determine the name and email new employees see in their auto-response on completion of the form.
- Select the audiences that an employee will be added to when they complete the form. (Option only appears with more than one audience)
- On the People Options page there are a number of options relating to the email notifications sent to your People when they complete the form. Complete and click 'Next'.
- Basic Form adds the following fields: first name, last name and email address. (You can choose which fields are mandatory)
- Detailed Form adds the fields: first name, last name, email address, phone number, address and email format preference. (You to choose which are mandatory)
- Finally is the preview page, this shows a preview of your Sign-up form. You'll see three tabs; Short Version, Long Version and Update Profile. Clicking these tabs will display that version in the preview pane. (Long Version preview is selected by default).
- Short Version displays the mandatory fields only.
- Long Version displays all fields.
- Update Profile, this version of the Sign-up form allows People to update their information. This includes changing the email address that they have subscribed with. Employees are directed to this page after completing the Long or Short Version with the option of completing the remaining fields.
- Click 'Save & Edit' and you will be brought to the Edit page of your new Sign-up form. Here you can add fields to gather more information or change your sign-up form options, you can also refer to Editing a Sign-up Form for the steps involved in editing your new Sign-up form.